Sep 5, 2006

RIP WOXY

My favorite internet radio station, WOXY.com, is shutting down forever on September 15. I don't have to tell you how much that sucks. This (non-CC) station had the perfect blend of new indie rock, local bands (well, to Ohio, anyway), and vintage stuff (including the incredible WOXY Vintage stream). Heck, I could even e-mail them at any time of the day and request anything, Tom Waits, Portishead, Jeff Buckley . . . AND THEY'D PLAY IT! (Beat that with your satellite radio!) And it's also the only decent radio station I can (miraculously) listen to at work, one of the only things that gets me through the day (that and The Onion; if they blocked that at work, I'd have to hand in my two week notice). Now I have to slog through the other choices to find an truly alternative alternative. Ugh.

RIP WOXY.

No comments: