Oct 17, 2006

SCARLETT'S PASTIES AND A G-STRING

Scarlett Johansson has signed a record deal according to FOX News, and will be releasing an album of Tom Waits songs next year. I think this news has everyone collectively saying WTF? But in my eyes, she somehow managed to get HOTTER. I didn't think it would be possible.

This has brought out the punsters, and since I can't make a better joke allow me to quote this AOL Music Blog article:
We're pretty certain that a good portion of the country's male populace has had the phrase 'Pasties and a G-String' run through its collective mind upon hearing the name Scarlett Johansson. For some reason, however, we doubt that those visions feature the actress singing the Tom Waits song of that name -- which may be the best folks can expect, at least for the time being.

I guess we'll have to wait a while for The Island 2. She hasn't really been in a good movie since Lost In Translation, though I'm in the minority I didn't particularly enjoy that one.

A short list of songs I'd like to hear her sing:
Everything Goes To Hell
Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
16 Shells from a Thirty-Ought Six
Warm Beer and Cold Women
What's He Building In There?

A short list of songs that she might actually do (my first musical blognostication):
Time
Hold On
Ol '55 (already done by Sarah Maclachlan)
Tom Traubert's Blues
I Wish I Was In New Orleans

Scarlett Johansson Sings Tom Waits [AOL Music Blog]
Scarlett Johansson Record Deal in the Works [FOX News]

No comments: